Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Y’all, I am waaaaay tired today. My best friend and her husband are in town visiting from Tennessee, and they came over last night for a drink. J just had a beer, but the rest of us polished off 3 bottles of Riesling…so today I’m not hungover, just totally draggin’ ass.

Feel like my posts have been especially lackluster lately – my brain has only been producing thoughts of a dull grayish brown color lately. I always think of good post subjects when I’m falling asleep, or in the middle of the night. I start mentally writing it up, and think of lots of clever things to say, and when I wake up and try to remember what I came up with, I’m like, “Uh, something about…Fruity Pebbles? And Elmer’s Glue? WTF?” I need to just keep a notebook by my bed so I can scribble stuff down as I think of it. Used to that for dreams, because my brain would cobble together some crazy shit, but I don’t have entertaining dreams anymore (though this morning, J did tell me that he dreamt he and his bro were the dudes in Dukes of Hazard, and Boss Hog was chasing them, but some chick walking a dog flashed them, and that distracted them, and then they got caught. Yeah, I have no idea.)

And Now For Something Completely Different

So J and I live kind of out in the sticks, on 2 acres in a suburb of Houston. It’s nice and quiet, and I enjoy being able to walk out to the car in my underwear unnoticed (at least after dark). The acre lot behind us has been an empty grassfield since before we even started building about 5 years ago – it’s been nice to pretend that it’s just more of our backyard. BUT. Recently, there has been more activity back there by the owner of the lot – I think they’re preparing to start a pad for a house. And I am really sad about it. Our house is set on the back 1/3 of the lot, making for a nice, big front yard, but that means that when the owners behind us start building, their house will be muuuuch closer than what we’ve been used to. More importantly, unless we put up a 10-ft. privacy fence, said neighbors will be able to see very well into our house. That means I will have to start wearing pants again when I am home, and that sucks.

It’s not that I wander around naked or near it all the time – it’s just that sometimes putting on actual clothes to cover my body just takes so much effort. Maybe I’ll at least be able to keep my topless privileges through the unbearable south Texas summer…or maybe the contractors will get a peep show. We shall see.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'm so jealous, I want to walk around naked but the kids kind of ruin that for me. Enjoy it while it lasts, be naked up until they move in.