Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So I was an idiot yesterday and left my wallet here at work, and didn’t realize it until I got all the way home. I was on the phone with customer service about some clothes I’d ordered, and they asked for my credit card number, and even though I could remember the 16-digit number, I wasn’t sure of the expiration, so when I went digging to verify it, I had a bit of a freak-out when it was missing, and this poor lady had to sit there and listen to me say “Oh, SHIT” about 10 times.
Anyway, because J was less than sympathetic about lending me the last of his cash so I could get my expensive-ass coffee as usual, I drove to work broke. (Ass.) “No worries”, I thought; “There’s a Starbucks kiosk in the cafeteria – I’m golden.” So after I purchased my breakfast taco, I calmly walked over to the cart and ordered my grande nonfat no-whip mocha, and a minute later, glided across the caf, down the sidewalk, up the stairs, and to my desk in blissful anticipation of my caffeine fix. Life is good.
WRONG.
After getting settled back in at my desk, I took one sip of the coffee, and instead of the sweet, mocha nectar I was expecting, I got burnt chocolate ass. OH GOD, it was horrible.
I took a drink of water, and then tried another sip, thinking maybe it had just hit my palette wrong. Nope, still ass.
So I had to throw away a full, $3.63 cup of coffee, and I’m grumpy about it, and in an hour I’ll have a headache because I haven’t had my caffeine this morning, but I don’t want to drink a Coke because sodas in the morning give me a stomachache, so GRRRRR. POOP ON EVERYONE.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

That is the worst. I hate when my coffee taste like crap. Especially whent he crap costs 4 freakin' dollars.

Allie said...

You should have punched someone, it would have made you feel better.

Anonymous said...

poor Gin - you're having a bad week :( At least it's Friday! Wahooo! I'm sitting at my desk so sleepy - I think I'm going to tape my eyelids open in a minute. Could 5 o'clock get here any slower??