Monday, June 2, 2008

Emails and voicemails and meetings, oh my!

This morning I was greeted by 70+ real, Oh-God-Please-Take-Care-Of-This-Right-Away emails, half a dozen voicemails, a stack of papers on my chair, and three meetings to prepare for tomorrow after ONE SINGLE DAY out of the office. Damn.
We drove to Mississippi on Friday, came back yesterday, and the short time we were there I was busy, and stayed up late visiting with cousins and family I hadn't seen in years. Between the running around and the driving and the heat and only getting 5 hours of sleep each night in a strange bed, plus granting my husband some perfunctory married sex last night, I am totally exhausted. I am priming myself with a giant coffee with two extra shots of espresso, and sooooo much looking forward to collapsing into bed as soon as I get home sometime tonight.

Bear with me as I struggle to keep my head above water the next few days - maybe by Wednesday my brain will not have shriveled up like a raisin, and I will have something fun to talk about.

Happy Monday, my pretties!

No comments: