Monday, June 9, 2008

TMI, and Other Stuff

A very strange thing happened yesterday.

I got my period, making it the first time in nearly 10 years that my body has ovulated and menstruated without hormonal prodding or intervention via The Pill or other assorted drugs. I was shocked, to the point where I kind of forgot what to do. Wait, what did that pamphlet from 6th grade Girls Health Assembly say? Tell the nurse? Stock up on Midol? (To this day, I associate the work “pamphlet” with maxi pads. Weird.)

So the first thing I did, after taking care of business, was text my bf Jamie – “OMG, I think I got my period”, to which her response was “I’ve never been so happy about a period’s arrival!!!!”. J was pleased but unruffled – perhaps a little disappointed, since we were planning on having The Sex last night, and I am not a fan of period sex. Sorry dude – try again in 3-5 days.

And so I’m wishing, hoping, thinking, praying (I’ve been dying to link to that, just for an excuse to watch it again) that things regulate so hopefully we can continue with the babymaking this fall without the hormones mess again. So after further confirmation this morning that Yes, Aunt Flo Has Really Arrived, my ovaries got a pep talk. Come on girls, you can do it! I believe in you! Keep squeezing out those eggs!

I realize that many of you may not care about my menses, and I’m not asking you to – just be happy that I am happy, and leave it at that. :)

*********************
I was up here at work most of the day on Saturday, and got so much done, and was so relieved because of it, that I skipped down the (empty) halls as I left. Either I’m not skip-worthy happy nearly enough, or I am old and out of shape, because that shit was tiring. I am choosing to believe that it’s because I’m just jaded and down-trodden. Because that’s somehow preferable to admitting that I’m a lardass.

**********************
I’ve had this in my head for the past, like, 2 weeks – here, now it’s yours too.

param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YZ4wYcYRgg&hl=en">

3 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Thanks for the comment on my new blog. :)

One good thing about losing your blog and starting over is that it gets you off yer lazy bum to update your blog roll. I've just put you on there--love your blog!

Tricia said...

Yay for periods. Um at least in your case!

ZDub said...

I found you thru Trish and I have been going through period hell. I do not recommend the goddamn IUD (Mirena) to anyone.

It was invented by Satan.

I like your blog!