Thursday, November 13, 2008

This afternoon, two months after Hurricane Ike stomped through Southeast Texas, we finally got a vist from our insurance adjustor to assess the damage to our property. Since the damage was mainly to J's shop, and he's since made the repairs reusing the undamaged materials, we we're not expecting much in terms of reimubursement. We almost didn't file a claim because we didn't believe we'd have enough to make the deductible.

The dude left 2 hours ago, leaving behind a check that will make us $6,500 richer. I realize in the grand scheme of things, that is not that large an amount of money, but J and I have been sitting around dumbfounded. What to do with such a windfall? Go nuts and splurge on takeout? Or pay some bills, whee!

I think the thought of such a settlement has made J a bit heady (or ill?), because he just gave me the greenlight to pay someone else to clean our house. On a regular basis. For an indefinite period of time.

I don't even know what to do with myself. It's like the whole world has gone crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. That's awesome!!! Imagine all your free time of not scrubbing floors ...

Huge, super props to J on that one!

Megan said...

And now you can stoke yourself with a Wii. I command it.

Anonymous said...

OMG, if you get a Wii you will never be able to get me out of your house when I come visit this Christmas ... I promise you that. We can play drunk-on-cheap-wine Wii Bowling!!!

ZDub said...

Shit, that is awesome! Why can't we have hurricanes?

~Z