Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yesterday, I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time in 3 ½ months.

I’ve been so busy, and that when I DID have the time, my priorities were more to sleep or zone out and play Scrabble. I’d tried to keep up with them, but over time “Keeping them nice and cleaned up” turned into “At least there are still two. Mostly.” Yesterday, after it was done and the technician presented me with a mirror to inspect her work, my reaction was “Holy shit”, and then, to alleviate her fear that she’d screwed something up, “They were pretty bad, huh?”

I also got my haircut last week. Nothing drastic from what I’ve had for a while, though when I asked how much she trimmed off and she answered “almost 3 inches”, I nearly fell out of the chair – I didn’t realize how long my hair had gotten. Now the gross ends are gone, it’s all bouncy and shiny, and I want to walk around in the sunshine, tossing my head and giving a saucy look to…the people gawking at the fact that I’m pretending to be in a shampoo commercial.

So, freshly groomed eyebrows (EYEBROWS EYEBROWS EYEBROWS – damn, that’s hard to type – I keep typing “eyebrowns”) paired with a haircut, and I am a whole new woman. It’s funny how the little things can make such a big difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, I have a serious problem keeping my eyebrowns mown, and I DESPERATELY need a haircut. Like last year.

Tricia said...

Ohhh...I love a good haircut. And pretending I am in a shampoo commercial.