Thursday, February 12, 2009

I’ve had my head so far up my ass that, seriously, I forgot about Valentine’s Day.

And so like I do for every holiday that involves showing my love and devotion to my schmoopy, I am scrambling to come up with something to give J.

I do have ONE THING up my sleeve: during a trip to Austin last year, J found a Johnny Cash album from the late fifties/early sixties, still in really amazing condition (I can’t remember now what year, nor can I find the album now online to show you, but it’s pretty fucking cool).

Anyway, it has been in a plastic bag on a shelf in our office for nearly a year, along with another vintage rockabilly album – we bought them not really knowing what to do with them. So I’m going to take them to Aaron Brothers after work to see about getting them framed. I have no idea how much something like that will cost, nor do I know, if it requires custom framing, if there is enough time to get it done by Saturday. I’m really hoping it works out, because I think he’ll really dig it, and you should know that J is SO HARD to shop for, because he never wants anything but car parts.

Do you guys have plans for the weekend?

UPDATE:

I finally remembered the album: Johnny Cash Sings: The Songs That Made Him Famous – it’s one of the original of the 1958 release from Sun Records.


The other album is Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley and his Comets, a 1955 Decca recording.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Valentine's Day presents to each other were the Ben Folds tickets. If we hadn't come across that concert, I'm betting we would have gotten each other ... nothing :)

We don't really give much of a hoot about V-Day - though Chris usually gets me some kind of unique chocolate, generally from Target's selection, and I am A-OK with that. Me and chocolate, we're BFF.

The Bouldins said...

We don't usually do V-Day because our anniversary is the next month and I'd rather celebrate a day that's meaningful to us for a reason ... however, this year I saw this on Mighty Goods and thought Dave would find it pretty cool. So he gets a tiny gift and a sappy card.

He was also getting a day kid-free to work on his computer, but things went to hell at work today so he'll probably have to spend his kid-free time on work instead, poor guy.