Sunday, May 24, 2009

I missed the original airing, but I caught the first episode of Glee on Hulu.





I'm not going to front - I will let my Show Choir Geek flag fly and profess that I totally dig it.

I was in choir of some kind from preschool to my sophomore year of college, and in Pop Choir all four years of high school, plus musicals in high school and in college. I get that it's kind of cheesy, but here's the thing: I didn't give a shit. I was willingly in Clue: The Musical, for God's sake (and yes, it's as awful as it sounds, but I loved every minute of it. I was Mrs. Peacock, and no, it cannot be found on Youtube). I never held any illusions about Broadway - community college musical theater (WOW, how pathetic does that sound?) was enough for me, because I really didn't care if the show was for five or five thousand - I enjoyed performing for ME.



So I'll watch this show, get all misty and nostalgic over the musical numbers, but I will NEVER watch the countless VHS tapes of a younger, skinnier, besequined Gin carefully saved in my parents' entertainment center, because I'd rather remember the moment from my memories on stage. Because regardless of what it may look like from the outside, it feels really cool.











Oh, and I still have my character shoes.

1 comment:

I Love You To Madness said...

Get out of my life history and into my car!! I was and remain a proud choir/band geek and have the show choir dresses and memorized dance moves to prove it. I am going to have to grab some cheap wine and check this show out asap.