Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let it never be said that we don't know how to live fast: as I type this, we are watching Mad Men Season 3 and trying at-home ear candling.

G: "What does it feel like?"
J: "I don't feel anything, but the burning sounds kind of like Rice Krispies."

G: (as I check out the remnants of the first candle, while the second one is burning) "OMG! WAX! GROSS!"
J: (lying on the bed with a flaming piece of muslin coming out of his ear)"Shutup! I can't see it! You suck!"

John did mine next, and it was actually relaxing - I nearly fell asleep (except for the fact that I could roll over and set the bed on fire). Also, my ears are apparently nastier than John's. I win!

I know some people scoff at efficacy, but I know what I saw in that candle. I will not post pics, because trust - it is fucking disgusting. But! I am fascinated and obsessed.

DO IT.

3 comments:

Electric Monk said...

WHAT.

THE.

HECK.

Is ear candling?!

Katie said...

ACK! DO NOT DO IT!

My husband the audiologist has shown me some really scary pictures of wax drips falling into your ear and badly burning the tender insides of your ears.

And the gross stuff you see inside are just the wax from the candle colored orange by the trapped smoke.

ZDub said...

I want to do this so badly. Ear candling FTW.