Thursday, January 17, 2008

It has been a very, very slow afternoon. I’ve spent the past hour searching for old boyfriends on the internet. It’s not stalking, it’s research. Sidenote: the internet connection here at work is being a piece of shit.

I am kind of between tasks at work right now. I’ve officially been given the New Job Title, and I will see New Job Title Money in my paycheck beginning next month, but I…have nothing to actually do with the New Job just yet. So I’ve just been biding my time for the past few weeks (hence starting this blog) and waiting for the inevitable huge wave of preliminary stuff to do.

I can’t say that I’ve been totally sad about having the down time. I’m actually pretty terrified of my new job, so I’ve been dragging my feet a bit to get started, lest things get going, I get overwhelmed, and my boss and coworkers figure out what I’ve been trying to hide for years: I am not actually a grown-up.

No comments: