Friday, February 8, 2008

Today is a good day.
Not only is it Friday, but it’s a short workday for me (God bless the dude who invented flex time), after work I’m getting a massage, and tonight, it’s What Not To Wear.

I love this show. I love Clinton Kelly. Stacy…well, Clinton is a nice foil to her eye-rolling and “Shut. Up.”s. It’s entertaining, and a self-esteem booster in that, no matter how old and busted you think your wardrobe is, at least you’re not wearing 25 year-old t-shirts, tapered leg sweatpants, and pathetic gray-white athletic socks with plastic sandals held together with duct tape.

I know there are some people that hate on the show, because they feel like C&S turn these women into a generic version of their ideal, but my counter to that is, Come On, is a tomboy in an A-line skirt and heels any worse than their previous wardrobe of track suits and a ball cap?!

The one issue I have with the show is not with the show itself, but the (Contestants? Participants? Humiliatees?) folks that don’t want Nick to change their hair, to which I say SHUT UP and Trust The Man. It is in his best interest to make people look awesome, that way he can charge hundreds of dollars for a cut and color – he is not going to fuck you over.

J has an obligation this evening, so that means it will be a super-mellow me, some Ben & Jerry’s, and TLC tonight…Life is beautiful.

No comments: