Friday, August 15, 2008

We’re partying at work today, for convoluted reasons I won’t get into, but let’s just say we’ll take the small victories where we can get them, and we’ve got quite a spread of food. So I’m sharing another recipe with you, because as I sit here stuffing my face, it occurs to me that you may want to do the same.

This is something you’d see on a table at a church social in antique Tupperware – despite any wariness you may feel at that mental picture (or am I just projecting?) and the weird name, trust me when I say this is some Good Shit.

Frog Eye Salad

¾ cup to 1 cup Orzo or Acini de Pepe (any very teeny tiny pasta)

1 large tub AND 1 small tub of Cool Whip, thawed

1 can pineapple tidbits

1 can Mandarin oranges

1 pkg slivered almonds (optional)

Coconut to taste (optional)


Prepare pasta per package instructions. Drain and cool for 5 min.

Drain fruit – reserve ~1/3 cup of the juice.

Fold together pasta, Cool Whip, fruit and its reserved juice. You won’t think you’ll need all of the Cool Whip, but you do – the pasta will absorb more than you think, and you don’t want it to dry out. And Cool Whip is like cheese, in that one can never add too much (though not together).

Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

I can eat this until I’m sick – so light, cool, and yummy!

No comments: