Monday, November 24, 2008

A few weeks ago, I ran out of mascara and went in to Sephora to pick some up. They didn’t have my usual brand (damn!), so I asked for assistance and decided to try the recommended Dior Blackout in the waterproof formula. I always have issues with the blackage underneath my eyes, so I only use waterproof/ water resistant. I like the texture – smooth and unclumpy – but I still had the raccoon effect after a couple of hours. I held on to the tube long enough to feel like I got my money’s worth, and went back to my old faithful this weekend. Ahhhh, it feels good to be home – Too Faced Lash Injection, I will never stray from thee again.

Screw the economy – what are your necessary luxuries?

5 comments:

Electric Monk said...

High quality toilet paper. I lived in a country for eight years that had John Wayne toilet paper: rough, tough, and didn't take crap from nobody. So I've EARNED the right to have Charmin quadruple-ply Ultra.

Megan said...

Shu Uemura Basic Mascara, never wanders, always goes on just right. zfor extra oomph, Imju Fiber Wig- comes off w/warm water. I can't live without my Shu Uemura though, that stuff is amazing.

Anonymous said...

$50 haircuts from the stylist who knows what he's doing and always makes my hair look great.

$12/bottle Aveda Scalp Balance shampoos and conditioners

I'm still using cheaper mascaras because I know once I try the higher quality stuff I'll never want to go back, and I can only have so many luxuries right now in grad school!

The Bouldins said...

Name brand trash bags (Glad), toilet paper (Cottonelle), paper towels (Bounty), laundry detergent (Tide) and fabric softener (Bounce). I'm a brand loyal shopper :)

Amanda said...

Damn! I needed mascara and I didn't re-read this post until just now. I was at sephora yesterday and ended up with the Dior Blackout cause I remembered that name. Crap. Next time it is totally two faced. I did buy urban's liquid eyeliner though, and it is AWESOME!!!