Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shoo-Shoo, Gobble Gobble Diddle-Ip!

This morning, we are off to Mississippi to visit my beloved Nanny and various aunts, uncles, cousins, and kin, and partake of many delicious home-cooked goodies in celebration of Thanksgiving. Last year’s feast consisted of three different kinds of turkey (including Cajun fried!), ham, chicken & dumplings (my favorite!), as well as a dozen sides and a dessert table filled with all manner of sweet treats and pies with 4 inches of fluffy meringue goodness floating atop. YUM!

I look forward to this holiday and visit every year not just for the gluttony, but because as I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to appreciate time with my family so much more. But I’m not gonna lie, the food is pretty awesome.

Since I’ll be un-posty for a few days, I’ll leave you with a list:

I Am Thankful For
1. My awesome and ever-patient husband
2. My crazy but lovable family, who never fail to remind me that this apple did not fall that far from the koo-koo tree
3. The kitties, whose frequent disdain for my presence reminds me that I am not as important as I think I am
4. My amazing(ly stressful at times) job
5. That I have made it through nearly the whole year without tearing my hair out, due to said job
6. That I will see my Jamie in less than a month!

…and a song.



Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving, my chickens!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Lovely list!

I liked the koo-koo tree part, excellent! I know you're going to have a great Thanksgiving, the food sounds like heaven!